Which man in his right mind would not want toned abs but the path to killer abs is not an easy one, especially building the lower section where the fat is the hardest to get rid of. To make things easier for you, we describe three of the most effective ways one can strengthen their lower abs and in doing so, become one mean abdominal machine.
1. Lower Abs Workout
What use is a hard workout if doesn’t have the desired effect on your body, below we list some of the most powerful workouts designed to help develop your lower abs.
Hanging Leg Raises
Hang from a bar, placing your hands at shoulders’ width, keeping your back straight, tighten your lower abs and gradually lift your legs until they are parallel to the floor. Maintain this posture for half a second and then lower your legs, repeating the routine 20 to 30 times.
Quite an easy exercise, suitable and effective for beginners and veterans alike, start by lying flat on your back on the floor. With your arms and legs, lift towards the ceiling until your body forms a “V” shape. Maintain a strong posture, keeping your legs straight, contract your abs, and hold this position for 10 seconds (if possible) then slowly bring your arms and legs down in a controlled fashion while still drawing in on your abs. Repeat this for multiple sets.
Exercise Ball Pike
For this exercise, you will need an exercise ball. Place the exercise ball near your feet and place your shins and feet on it. Then, extend your forearms outwards (like a push-up), forming a position similar to a bridge. At the same time, apply pressure on the exercise ball with your toes. Next, you have to tighten your abs and then raise your hips, forming an upside-down V with the ball. Make sure your knees and back remain straight.
2. Diet Plan
They say that 75% of the abs are built in the kitchen and the other 25% in the gym. Some people might work out regularly and still see not progress, so it’s important to focus on our diet which greatly influences how our body looks and functions. To strengthen your abs, you also need to follow the right diet plan… if you want to start showing them off.
Monitor Your Calories
Are you taking in the right amount of calories? A good workout is useless if your intake is more or less than the amount your body requires. If you take in more than you need, your lower abs would be hidden under a layer of fat but if your nutritional intake is restricted, you might lose muscle mass and look skinny rather than fit.
Protein Is Your Friend
If you want to build your lower abs quickly, you need to have a high protein intake to help build and repair your muscles after an intense workout and prevent loss of muscle mass. Opt for foods high in protein, like fish and nuts, and drink protein shakes after a heavy workout. Be sure not to have an exclusive protein diet… to function optimally, fruits and vegetables are vital for a healthy body.
Limit the Processed Foods
If you want your lower abs to be ripped, you have to make some sacrifices, which include avoiding foods processed, like cakes, ice creams and pizzas.
3. It’s All about Your Lifestyle
Ultimately, you have to make adjustments to your lifestyle if you wish to reach your goal of having killer lower abs, which includes getting plenty of sleep, lowering your sodium intake, avoiding sitting idle for a long time (so get off the computer screen after reading this), a commitment to a well-planned workout routine and ensuring your body stays hydrated.
If you follow these 3 steps to the letter, there is no doubt you will be able to strengthen your lower abs.