People generally have misconceptions about oolong tea and green tea, and consider them the same. However, that is not the case. It is true that oolong tea is also made from the stems, leaves and buds of Camellia Sinensis, similar to green tea. However, the difference lies in the processing. Green tea is not fermented, whereas oolong tea is partially fermented.
The phytochemicals and antioxidants in oolong tea can elevate the energy expenditure and also slow down absorption of carbohydrates and fat. These traits make them an ideal supplement for weight loss. Studies have shown oolong tea aids in reducing fat index and the overall body weight. A few other studies reveal its caffeine content plays an active role in weight loss.
Beginning your day with a cup of oolong tea can facilitate your weight loss process. Even though morning is the best time to drink oolong tea, it can also be taken before lunch and dinner to boost the metabolism and give you an energy boost. Since it helps curb cravings, eating less will naturally lead to a limited calorie intake.
Here are some of the major benefits of oolong tea for weight loss:
- Oolong tea obstructs the absorption of fats and carbs
- The caffeine present in the tea boosts metabolism and provides more energy for longer workouts
- Even though both green and black tea come from the same plant, the leaves are left to oxidize during the processing of oolong tea, making it more beneficial than the other two types of teas
- Oolong tea enhances fat oxidation, implying it signals our body to burn fat for energy which helps weight loss
- Consuming a cup of oolong tea in the afternoons keeps you away from sugary cravings and energy lows, throughout the day
By drinking a cup of oolong tea 30 minutes prior to your workout, your energy level is greatly increased and can lead to miraculous results. Even though you may use oolong tea for preparing a cold beverage, you are more likely to lose weight if you drink it in the form of hot tea. Sometimes, the oolong tea is scented using jasmine flowers, which adds to its aroma and taste, but does not affect its nutritional value.
Low strength oolong tea can be consumed with non-caffeinated water many times during a day to benefit from its fat burning capabilities. More rapid results are guaranteed with the use of a full strength tea. These are only a few benefits of drinking oolong tea for weight loss. Apart from other health benefits, including cancer prevention and strengthening the immune system, it is a confirmed fact that oolong tea can help you burn up to 157% more fat as compared to the more popular green tea.
Simply drink two cups of oolong tea a day and start witnessing weight loss as you put an end to the negative effects of carbohydrates while boosting your metabolism.